For the safety of your data, moving your eFileCabinet Server software to another server is a process that should be performed by an IT professional. If you require assistance, call your account representative for a quote on an Assisted Server Migration.
To migrate your eFileCabinet Server software to a new server:
1. Make sure the current server is up to date.
To do this go to the server computer and double click on the eFileCabinet Server system tray icon. (If you do not see the task try icon in the task tray you can launch it from the Start Menu under Start -> All Programs -> eFileCabinet 2016-> eFileCabinet 2016 Server Tray, or go to C:\Program Files (x86)\eFileCabinet 5\Server and run the efcSystemTray.exe file). Then click Check for Updates.
2. Check the Root File Cabinet Path for EVERY cabinet.
To check a Cabinet path, login to eFileCabinet, right click on a cabinet and select Edit Cabinet. You will see the cabinet path in the middle text box.
3. Stop the eFileCabinet Server by right-clicking the system tray icon and clicking Stop.
4. Copy the C:\ProgramData\eFileCabinet\5 directory to the new server. (In Windows XP and Server 2003, the path will be C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\eFileCabinet\5.)
5. If cabinet data was being stored somewhere other than the default location, copy those folders to the new server.
6. Install eFileCabinet on the new server. During install, it should detect the EDB files because of step 4.
7. If the default data path was being used, then you’re done. Check to make sure files are accessible and client computers can connect and login.
8. If custom data paths were being used, edit the cabinet path for each cabinet as shown in step 2.
9. Uninstall old eFileCabinet server.
10. Leave the old data on the old eFileCabinet server in case it's needed later.
EDB File Policies - These files are required to access your eFileCabinet files.
In Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2008, and Server2012, they are located in C:\ProgramData\eFileCabinet\5.
In Windows XP and Server 2003, they are located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\eFileCabinet\5.
1. Never delete EDB files.
2. Never overwrite EDB files.
3. Make sure your EDB and data files are backed up.