If you find that emailing a document with encryption from EFC fails, a number of scenarios could cause this to occur:
1. Test a different document that is very small in size (1 MB or less). If that works then proceed to the next steps. If that doesn't work, then you'll likely need to contact support for further troubleshooting.
2. If the total size of all files that you are attaching is larger than 7MB, you will need to email the files separately. If you are only emailing one file, you will either have to use a portal system such as SecureDrawer or find a way to compress the size of the file to less than the 7MB limit.
3. The file is open in either the previewer or in another program, such as Foxit Reader. Close the program that the document is open in, or change from the preview tab to the comments tab.
4. The file is already encrypted by another program (example: password protected). Send the file without the extra encryption from eFileCabinet.
5. Check the PDF version. If it is version 1.5 or newer, then print the file to the eFileCabinet 5 Printer and create a new copy of it, which will recreate the pdf as version 1.3. Then you can email the new file with encryption.