Installing the Rubex Desktop App Add-ons
Start by opening the Rubex Desktop App and logging in if you have not done so already. If you have not yet installed the Rubex Desktop App, please see the installation instructions found here.
- Once logged in, click on the gear icon located at the top right of the Rubex window to open up the settings page.
2. In the settings window that appears, locate the add-ons section at the top and click on the ‘Install’ button next to the Printer and Scanner.
The installation will begin immediately upon clicking the ‘Install’ button and, when completed, you will notice the ‘Install’ button changes to ‘Uninstall’.
Printing into the Rubex Desktop App
With the add-on installed, printing into Rubex is as easy as printing to a physical printer. In the application you would like to print from, or with the document you would like to print open, select the print option to begin. In this example, I will be printing from the Notepad in Windows.
- Start by clicking on ‘File’ at the top left and then ‘Print’.
- In the print setup window that opens up, locate and select the ‘Send to eFileCabinet’ printer.
3. Once you’re satisfied with the print options you’ve selected, click on ‘Print’. This print process will convert the file you are printing into a PDF and immediately send it over to Rubex for storing.
In Rubex, it will appear at the bottom of the middle pane. Here you can rename the file as needed.
Ensure that you are keeping the file type of the file intact when renaming it. In the example provided, the file type is .pdf, so you want to make sure to keep that .pdf at the end of the name you choose for the file.
Once you’re satisfied with the name, you can click on the upload button to the right of the file to upload it to the current location you’re navigated to. As a note, you must be located inside of a ‘Drawer’ or ‘Folder’ in order to upload, you cannot upload directly into a ‘Cabinet’.
Scanning into the Rubex Desktop App
To scan directly into Rubex, you must use our scanner application add-on. The application in question is called eFileCabinet Online Scanner.
To begin, locate the eFileCabinet Online Scanner application on your desktop or in your Start Menu and open it.
Once opened, you will be greeted with this screen.
If this is your first time using eFileScanner, you will want to ensure that your scanner is selected as the source. To set that up, click on ‘Scanner’ at the top of the window and select ‘Scanner Source’. In the window that appears, select your scanner.
For information on system requirements for your scanner to work with the eFileCabinet Online Scanner, please take a look at the related article here.
- Once your scanner is setup for use in eFileCabinet Online Scanner, load a document into the scanner and click on the ‘Scan’ button at the top left.
2. Click on ‘Store’ to send it over to Rubex.
Similar to how we printed a document into Rubex previously, it will show up in the Rubex Desktop App window at the bottom of the middle pane.
You can then rename the file as needed. Please ensure that you are keeping the filetype in the name intact. In the example provided, the file type is .pdf, so you would make sure that part of the name is kept.
Once you’re satisfied with the name of the file, click on the upload icon to the right of the name field to upload it to the location inside of Rubex you’re inside of.