eSignature is a feature in Rubex that allows users to request electronic signatures, initials, and other approvals from any individuals on specified documents. This can be used for documents that require the signature of multiple parties such as tax documents, lease agreements or Business contracts
This feature is available in both the Rubex Web Interface, and the Rubex Desktop App.
**Please Note** eSignature is available as part of several feature packages within Rubex. If you would like a quote, please contact your account rep here at eFileCabinet. email@example.com
How to use eSignature (preparing a document and sending the request):
- Log into Rubex
- Navigate to the document that you would like to send through eSignature
- Right click that document and select "Sign with eSignature" from the drop-down menu
- Upon selecting "Sign with eSignature" you will now see the Prepare For Signature menu in the top-center of your screen.
- In the Preparation menu:
- Start by selecting a signer. (Users can send signature requests to multiple people for the same document and can add multiple documents to be signed"
- Add any additional documents in "Documents set:" - you can also use the Download and Preview options to view the document.
- Select "Advanced"
- Select how you would like to store the document
- As a new version - This will retain the original copy of the document within Rubex
- In the same folder - This will store a new document with completed signatures
- Specified location - This will allow you to select a new incoming folder for completed requests
- Select your "Store Audit Trail" for the chain of custody of the request
- In the same folder - This will store the audit trail in the same folder as the original document
- Specified location - This will allow you to select a new incoming folder for the audit-trail
- Suffix - This allows you to add a suffix to the audit trail
- Audit Trail Governance - This allows you to protect the audit trail document from edits or deletion
- Click Submit
- You will now see the Document displayed in the top center of the screen.
- Drag-and-drop signature fields onto the document displayed in the signatures menu where you would like the signer(s) to place their signature. There are also options to place fields for initials, text, and check-boxes.
- Additional options also include a "reading" function and Read/acknowledge. Read/acknowledge requires a recipient to scroll and click an acknowledge or agree button.
- At any time during the signature field creation, you can save your progress with the "Save" button in the top right of the signature preparation menu
- Click "Next"
- In the final steps, you will now see a menu that allows you to Title the document and send a custom Email Message.
- Reminders/Expiration Schedule:
- Users can customize the Reminders and expiration schedule by dragging the slider left to right. You can also choose to not send reminders by selecting the check-box labeled "I do not want to send reminders to signer(s)"
- Click "Send"