Rubex allows you to use Custom Email Settings to brand your notifications, share emails, and "get started emails." If you are using GMAIL but are not able to use your custom email settings the following troubleshooting steps may be required.
- go to the following page in google chrome and make sure thet "Less secure app access" is turned on: https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps?pli=1
- Login to your Gmail inbox (https://mail.google.com)
- Click on the icon for your Google account on the top right-hand corner of the webpage
- Click on, “Manage your Google Account.”
- Click on the Security option on the left-hand pane
- Scroll down until you see a header which says, “Less secure app access.” a. By default, this setting is turned off.
- Click on the option within that box to, “Turn on access (not recommended).” Click on any confirmation you receive that you do want to select this option.
- Please take a moment to verify that you also don't have any security alerts listed here: https://myaccount.google.com/notifications
- Go to https://account.efilecabinet.net
- Click on the Menu icon on the top left-hand corner of the webpage and click on Admin, then go to Settings (which will automatically show your Account Settings in Rubex).
- Scroll down until you see the header for, “Email Settings.” Click on Add Email Setting.
- Type in your email address and your password (Gmail password). The Email Server Address for Gmail is: smtp.gmail.com. The Email Server Port for Gmail is: 587. You must check the box for, “Use SSL.”
- Click on Test Setting FIRST. Once you get confirmation that that setting works, you may click on Save Setting.
- You may also click on Override User Email Settings with Account Email settings if you want a single email address to show up in all notifications which comes from Rubex.
The above settings were to set custom email settings at the Account level. If custom email settings want to be set per user, you must go to Menu, My Settings, and Add Email Setting therein and follow steps 10 and 11 (refer to step 12 for the exception to any settings done at the user level).
Emails not being sent : https://efilecabinethelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037987792-Rubex-Emails-are-not-being-sent-out