Rubex allows you to store directly from your MS Office programs into your eFileCabinet database. These addins will give you a "Send to eFileCabinet" button in MS WORD, MS EXCEL, MS OUTLOOK, and MS POWERPOINT.
This option is available in the Rubex Desktop App.
**Please note** The MS Office addins are only available on Windows 7, 8, or 10 machines (32 and 64 bit.) These are not available for Mac.
How to install the Microsoft Office Addins
- Close all open MS Office programs (Outlook, excel, word, etc)
- Log into the Rubex Desktop app
- In the top right corner of the screen select "Settings"
- From within the Settings menu you will see "AVAILABLE ADD-ONS" under that section, select "INSTALL" next to the Microsoft Office option
- At this point, you may see several UAC Prompts in quick-succession, select the affirmative answer to each of those UAC prompts
If this fails, please continue to the manual install Process
How to Manually Install the Microsoft Office Addins
- Close all open MS Office Programs (Outlook, excel, word, etc.)
- Close eFileCabinet Rubex
- Open Your file explorer
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\eFileCabinet, Inc\Rubex\AddOnInstallers\
- Run the Installers for MS Office
- If prompted to "REPAIR" or "REMOVE" select the option to repair
- click "next" or "ok" on any prompts that you see and you should now be able to use the office addins.